As a dancer, your body is your instrument. Fuel your body with the right foods to get the most out of your dancing.
- Bowl of oatmeal with flaxseed and skim milk.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Poached egg with whole grain toast and an orange.
When you’re running to dance class/rehearsal:
- 1/4 cup of mixed nuts and dried fruit.
- Lara bar or Kind bar.
When you’re done with dance class/rehearsal:
- Small banana with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
- Apple with string cheese/baby bell cheese.
When you’re under the weather:
- 1 cup tea with lemon and honey.
- Foods high in Vitamin C: oranges, broccoli, and sweet peppers.
- Chicken and vegetable soup.
- 1 cup of cottage cheese with canned fruit (in water).
- Canned salmon with whole grain crackers.
- Protein shake with protein powder, raw oats, and flaxseed.
When you’re sore:
- 1 cup low-fat chocolate milk.
- Smoothie with blueberries, banana, and low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- Foods high in potassium: raisins, melons, apricots, avocados, squash, beets, and dairy.
When you have butterflies/are feeling nervous:
- 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Small piece of dark chocolate.
- Cup of herbal, decaffeinated tea.